Arrange this list of things in order based on how much they cost:
- SQL Server Standard Ed. licensing forÂ four cores
- SQL Server Enterprise Ed. licensing forÂ one core
- One typical day of employee time
- One week of a team’s time (4 people)
- 64GB of memory
- 256GB of memory
- A mirrored pair of 1TBÂ SSDs
Without searching the web for prices,Â put those items in order. Do it on a scratch piece of paper – first estimate how much you think each one costs, then put them in order.
How does this impact the way you do performance tuning, and what solutions you try first?